Do you know what I enjoy most about Marion Cunningham’s breakfast book? The simplicity behind her amazing recipes. It requires great skills to take basic ingredients and quickly turn them into a delicious meal that doesn’t leave you longing for anything else.
The combination of lemon juice and honey with the oats works perfectly. Add in the fresh fruits and all you need is a little summer sun to complete your morning.
Two small adjustments I made: I doubled the oats (from 1 tbsp to 2) and used blueberries instead of blackberries. I then served it with some slices of a favorite “health” bread.
(for 1 serving)
- 1-2 heaping tablespoons rolled oats
- 3-6tbsp water
- 1-2tbsp cream or milk
- 1tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small apple, unpeeled and grated/shredded/sliced very thinly
- Soak the oats and water in a small bowl overnight.
- When ready to serve, stir in lemon juice, honey, and cream/milk. Add apple and blackberries. Serve and enjoy!